Why We Are
CAPable of aNYthing
There’s a feeling here in the CapNY that when you live and work here, you are CAPable of aNYthing. Whether you want to inform policy that affects all New Yorkers or own an apple orchard that makes delicious ciders or start a not-for-profit that gives back to your neighbors (or maybe even all three), you can do it here in the Capital Region.
- #16 “2020 Top 100 Best Places to Live”, Albany (Livability.com)
- #16 “The 25 most innovative cities in US share affinity for technology”, Troy-Albany-Schenectady (USA Today)
- #30 “Best Bang-for-the-Buck Cities,” Albany-Schenectady-Troy (Forbes)
- #14 “Best Cities for College Students,” Albany, (American Institute for Economic Research)
- #17 “Best Cities for Job Growth, Medium Cities,” Albany-Schenectady-Troy, (New Geography)
Plus, compared to our big city neighbors, our affordable housing and low cost of living allows residents to get into first homes faster, make daydreams realities and enjoy the amenities CapNY has to offer.
How CAPable of aNYthing Came To Be…
Why Talent Attraction Is Important
The Capital Region is on the cutting edge of innovation and is home to the companies and people helping to push boundaries and expand businesses that grow our communities and ensure economic stability. But there’s room for more and that’s why bringing the best and brightest to the Capital Region is a priority.
Here are a few of the movers and shakers keeping the Capital Region thriving:
- Regeneron is a leading biotechnology company that invents life-transforming medicines.
- Vicarious Visions is a video game developer that has made hundreds of games, in every genre, on every conceivable game platform in the known universe.
- Albany Med hosts the nation’s first FDA-approved 3D digital mammography technology available at their Breast Care Center.
- Woman-owned Darn Good Yarn which was ranked No. 599 on Inc. Magazine’s list of the top 5,000 fastest-growing private companies in the nation.
- TikTok personality Zahra (@muslimthicc) is challenging misconceptions about the Muslim religion and sharing fun videos to her 2.9M followers.
Can you see yourself on this list? Check out the tabs above to learn more about how to Live, Work and Explore in the Capital Region.
Find Your Perfect CapNY County City, Village or Town
CapNY has 8 gorgeous counties and more than 130 amazing cities, villages and towns to choose from. Click here to take a closer look and start your search!
The Center for Economic Growth (CEG) is dedicated to driving economic growth in New York’s eight-county, 1.1 million person Capital Region. As the nonprofit regional economic development organization, we do this by attracting investment and talent; growing manufacturing and workforce capabilities, leveraging industry clusters, and developing the entrepreneurial ecosystem. We serve as a catalyst and work with partners and stakeholders to prepare the region to compete and move high-impact strategies and projects forward.
An affiliate of the Capital Region Chamber, CEG is supported by investors in business, government, education, and the nonprofit sectors who are committed to sustainable economic growth and shared prosperity. For more information, visit www.ceg.org.