Affordability is one of the greatest parts of living in CapNY. Whether you’re single or have a family, the cost of living here is lower than many regions across the country.
Check out this AFFORDABILITY CALCULATOR & compare our cost of living with regions across the country!
These articles point out affordable options for living an affordable lifestyle in CapNY.
- Living in Downtown Albany: Hot Rentals Editionby Gabby FisherJoin Gabby Fisher, lifelong CapNY resident, as she explores life in Downtown Albany and some of the hottest rental spotsContinue reading “Living in Downtown Albany: Hot Rentals Edition”
- CapNY Eats: 5 Droolworthy Vegan/Vegetarian Restaurantsby Alliance for the Creative EconomyThe plant-based food industry has boomed in recent years with myco-protein chik’n and beet burgers that bleed, branded with namesContinue reading “CapNY Eats: 5 Droolworthy Vegan/Vegetarian Restaurants”
- 5 Amazing CapNY Latin-Owned Restaurantsby CapNYWelcome to our celebration of Latin-owned restaurants in CapNY! Schenectady-based, Honduran-born artist Oscar Bogran and I (Maureen Sager, Executive DirectorContinue reading “5 Amazing CapNY Latin-Owned Restaurants”
- 5 Ways to Get Around with CDTAby Arielle SteeleLiving in Upstate New York, it can seem as though you can’t make it around CapNY without a car, butContinue reading “5 Ways to Get Around with CDTA”
- A Night at the Ballpark with the Tri-City ValleyCatsby Capital Heart ConnectionWhat does summer fun look like to us? Hot dogs, beer, baseball, and good company. And this is why spendingContinue reading “A Night at the Ballpark with the Tri-City ValleyCats”
- 5 Up-and-Coming Neighborhoods and Towns In CapNYby Lauren MineauDo you want quiet seclusion? Bustling city life and high energy? A little of both? While the most commonly knownContinue reading “5 Up-and-Coming Neighborhoods and Towns In CapNY”
- Best Takeout Places Under $15: CapNY Foodby Cabrina McGinnOur focus on the best takeout places under $15 is centered on pandemic survival. With more than 110,000 restaurants inContinue reading “Best Takeout Places Under $15: CapNY Food”
- Moving Upstate: Miami Transplant Tony Quezadaby Jessica KellyTony Quezada moved from Miami to Latham in 2017, to be with his fiancee, Chelsea. He’s now found a jobContinue reading “Moving Upstate: Miami Transplant Tony Quezada”
- 10 Reasons We Love Being Single in CapNYby Capital Heart ConnectionBecky Daniels of Albany, 34, and Gabby Fisher of Schenectady, 28, are two single, boss women who ROCK – andContinue reading “10 Reasons We Love Being Single in CapNY”
- Advice on CapNY’s Hot Market, From 3 First-Time Home Buyersby Jessica KellyMany CapNY millennials are finding great single family properties with mortgage payments that are lower than what they were payingContinue reading “Advice on CapNY’s Hot Market, From 3 First-Time Home Buyers”
- 5 Millennials On Buying Investment Propertiesby Jessica KellyMany Millennials and Gen Zs are looking for varied revenue and income streams that can help them ride out downturns.Continue reading “5 Millennials On Buying Investment Properties”
- 3 CapNY Thrift Shops for Socially & Eco Conscious Consumersby Mia NiloFast fashion is unsustainable, both environmentally and ethically. So, writer Mia Nilo developed two criteria for seeking out CapNY thriftContinue reading “3 CapNY Thrift Shops for Socially & Eco Conscious Consumers”