The gateway to the Adirondack Mountains.
Situated on the outskirts of the Adirondacks, Glens Falls combines the majestic beauty of the mountains with the charming allure of small town Main Street. All that plus world-class art museums, stunning waterfalls and rich history makes Glens Falls a great place to start out, raise a family or even retire. And, with a Walk Score of 86, you can do it all without a car!
Why We Love Living Here
Deemed “Hometown USA” in 1944, Glens Falls is still the Capital Region’s hometown and a great place to live. Here’s why…
- 8th Best City for Crime (Small Metro Areas)
- Rated one of the “Coolest Small Towns” in America by Budget Travel Magazine
- Adirondack Balloon Festival named one of the Top 100 events in North America
- At the foothills of over six million acres of Adirondack parkland
- Home to the Hyde Collection Art Museum featuring works by artists like Botticelli, Rembrandt, Degas, Seurat, Picasso, and Renoir.
- Charming, walkable downtown
- Glens Falls was ranked the 10th best city in the country to live in if you’re a chef!
Glens Falls by the numbers
Walk Score — most errands are walkable!
visitors annually to the Adirondack Balloon Festival
median home price
Explore Glens Falls
Below, you’ll find articles that refer to people, places, or things in Glens Falls. Click here for more!