History was made here. Come make your own.
CapNY is home to “The Turning Point of the Revolutionary War,” the events that led to Hamilton, and so much more.
We’ve got 36 museums, 6 state historic sites, and 3 national park sites. History awaits you!
- CapNY Spring Weekend Itinerary: Albany Countyby Discover AlbanyItching for a weekend getaway or staycation this spring? Book a trip to Albany for must-see museums, craft beverage experiencesContinue reading “CapNY Spring Weekend Itinerary: Albany County”
- Juneteenth in CapNY: 4 Changemakers Paving the Wayby Naava Dae“Juneteenth is important because it is the beginning of our history.” – Lashawn Hawkins, Founder of the I Can BreatheContinue reading “Juneteenth in CapNY: 4 Changemakers Paving the Way”
- Charming CapNY Towns on the Outskirtsby Gabby FisherCenturies before automobiles emerged as the singular mode of transport, the Industrial Revolution exploded upward from its epicenter of Manhattan,Continue reading “Charming CapNY Towns on the Outskirts”
- Troy’s Oakwood Cemetery: Traveling through Timeby Danielle SanzoneDid you know that, before there were city parks in Troy, residents would take strolls and picnic in cemeteries likeContinue reading “Troy’s Oakwood Cemetery: Traveling through Time”
- Discover These Seven Historic Performance Venues in CapNYby Katie NavarraThere are so many beautifully restored performance venues in CapNY. Steeped in history, they’ve hosted more than a century’s worthContinue reading “Discover These Seven Historic Performance Venues in CapNY”
- Public Art Outdoors in Winter: Art in CapNYby Jessica KellyWant some quarantine-friendly ways to enjoy art, stellar local food AND the great outdoors? Lucky for us, CapNY is filledContinue reading “Public Art Outdoors in Winter: Art in CapNY”
- 6 Things To Do In Saratoga Springs (That Aren’t Downtown)by Rachel DunnSummer in Saratoga Springs. There’s nothing like it. Horses, restaurant patios, shopping… and crowds. Sometimes I crave an outing that’sContinue reading “6 Things To Do In Saratoga Springs (That Aren’t Downtown)”
- CapNY Road Trip: A Hudson River Drive In Greene Countyby CapNYItching to get out of the house, my kids, boyfriend and I piled into the car and ended up onContinue reading “CapNY Road Trip: A Hudson River Drive In Greene County”
- CapNY Road Trip From Saratoga Springs to Schuylervilleby CapNYThis country drive on Route 29 from Saratoga Springs to Schuylerville is a great chance to revel in the farmland,Continue reading “CapNY Road Trip From Saratoga Springs to Schuylerville”
- CapNY Road Trip Through Rural Schenectady Countyby CapNYThis drive through rural Schenectady county is a great way to explore CapNY’s natural beauty and pick up some craftContinue reading “CapNY Road Trip Through Rural Schenectady County”
- CapNY Road Trip through Rensselaer Countyby Danielle SanzoneA road trip to Rensselaer county is easier to plan than it is to spell but it’s a county withContinue reading “CapNY Road Trip through Rensselaer County”
- CapNY Road Trip: Columbia County Treksby CapNYColumbia County is home to stunning hikes, streams and waterfalls — perfect in all four seasons. Plus, there’s the thrivingContinue reading “CapNY Road Trip: Columbia County Treks”
- CapNY History Day Trip: Visiting Olana with Kidsby CapNYI’ve been visiting the Catskills since I was a kid, and the best part of the drive was always lookingContinue reading “CapNY History Day Trip: Visiting Olana with Kids”
- 5 CapNY Family-Friendly Horse-Themed Activitiesby Katie NavarraThe Saratoga Racetrack may be the most well-known place to see horses in CapNY, but it’s not the only optionContinue reading “5 CapNY Family-Friendly Horse-Themed Activities”