Alumni Engagement Officer, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
“Hi! I’m Sara, an expert smiler, professional optimist, and community supporter; the trifecta! I’m a Capital Region transplant and have made some great friends, met some outstanding people, and have had the opportunity to work with some absolute powerhouses here. I feel extremely fortunate to enjoy what I do!”
Hometown: I relocated from Adams, Massachusetts in 2014! Best move I ever made!
Current CapNY Home: Clifton Park, NY
What I love about CapNY
- New York State Museum is a must see!
- For my foodies: Cantina in Saratoga for Mexican, The Point Restaurant in Albany for a well-rounded menu & great beverages, and Cafe Italia for the BEST Italian dishes
- Plaza shopping! It’s everywhere, and it’s fantastic!
- The Crossings of Colonie is a great walking area & dog friendly
- The cutest coffee spot: Vischer Ferry General Store in Rexford!
Let’s Eat! My Favorite…
- Restaurant for a special occasion: Nicoles Restaurant, HANDS DOWN!
- Spot for Friday night take out: Powers Inn and Pub
- Place to get something sweet: Gluten Free Goods (Schuylerville)
- Flavor of Stewarts Ice Cream: Mounds of Coconut