Where the Mohawk bends, Schenectady thrives.
Thomas Edison brought his innovative spirit to the city in the 1800’s. That spirit lives on today through the burgeoning arts, food and beverage scenes. A walkable downtown, historic districts, waterways and green spaces, Schenectady shines as bright as Edison’s bulb.
Why We Love Living Here
Schenectady, NY is a great place to work, live, and raise a family. Here’s why…
- Schenectady’s cost of living is 15.8% lower than the U.S. average.
- Schenectady is home to the first locally designated historic district in New York State, the Stockade Historic District, created in 1962.
- Home to the Schenectady Ale Trail featuring five first-class local breweries.
- Hundreds of acres of green space for hiking, biking, fishing and more outdoor exploration (county-wide).
- Walkable, vibrant Downtown
Schenectady by the numbers
local craft breweries
Below, you’ll find articles that refer to people, places, or things in Schenectady. Click here for more.